SmartMag - Responsive & Retina WordPress Magazine

Hi. It seems like there an issue with this theme.
I’m unable to import the demo themes:

—Importing customizer settings—
Error: The customizer import file is not suitable for current theme. You can only import customizer settings for the same theme or a child theme.

Also when checking the “theme” folder in Wordpress, all the files from this theme are not even in their own folder, they’re just added to the theme folder in general.

Also in the Theme tab under appearance there are 11 different SmartMags, all seeming looking the same:

Dear valued community member,

Thank you for reaching out to us. This is an automated response from our helpful community robot, @FestyBot.

We understand that you have a question regarding a license key. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide license keys as it is financially infeasible to purchase one for every customer. However, we would like to assure you that 99,99% of the themes posted in our WordPress repository will work without the need for a license key.

Meanwhile, I’m tagging my teammate @Steve to see if there is any offline demo content available. If it’s available, he will be uploading it as soon as possible for you. You will be receiving an email reply if it’s available.

If you are experiencing any issues or need additional support with certain features of a theme, please feel free to reach out to one of our team members by tagging them in your message.

Thank you for being a part of our community and helping to make it even more awesome.

Best regards,
@FestyBot (Please note that I am not a human)

The issue has been fixed now. Please download the theme and install again.

Seems like it hasn’t been fixed. First of all it’s turning out to be really difficult to remove the files from the previous installation, I’m only getting errors when trying to remove it from the theme section in WP.

Then I tried to install it on a new domain instead to see if it’s working, but it’s still the same:

Hello @oaker123,

First of all, thanks for reporting this issue.

It looks like an issue with your WP instance, as I am only allowed to install one version of this theme on my staging website.

Could you let us know how you installed/configured this plugin (did you install it manually or using the FV plugin)?

Hi @Martin

I tried to install it using the Festinger Vault plugin on several different domains.
Same thing happening every time.

Hi, are there any plans to update this theme to version 9.1.0?
Here’s the changelog SmartMag Theme Changelog

Thank you

1 Like

SmartMag - Responsive & Retina WordPress Magazine has been updated to 9.1.0.

update the theme please. there is new update available

update the theme please. there is new update available 9.2.0

1 Like

SmartMag - Responsive & Retina WordPress Magazine has been updated to 9.2.0.

Please update SmartMag - Responsive to 9.3.0 @Steve

1 Like

SmartMag - Responsive & Retina WordPress Magazine has been updated to 9.3.0.

Now this is bugged again (just like I wrote on March 5). Installing Smartmag leads to several versions of the theme showing up in the Wordpress Theme options. I installed it directly from Festingervault plugin. I tried it both on an existing site and on a brand new installation - same issue on both. Please fix asap as I really need this theme to work properly.

The file has been replaced, Redownload and install the theme now.

The issue persists. Same problem as before:

When checking the file manager I also notice that no proper folder for smartmag is made either. Surely it shouldn’t be like this?

We are currently investigating the issue. We will update the file as soon as we have a solution

Please update SmartMag - Responsive & Retina WordPress Magazine 9.3.0 to 9.5. @Steve

1 Like

SmartMag - Responsive & Retina WordPress Magazine has been updated to 9.5.0.

please upload child theme too…

1 Like