WP Rocket

Hi @venese0890 – please check the link to this right above the htaccess file.

You have to change the permissions of your htaccess file.

haven’t encountered this yet, can you send the article link how to allow/change permission :slight_smile: thanks

Sure,

Here you go:

WP Rocket has been updated to 3.12.3.1

Wp rocket file is getting flagged on virus total. Dropper.Bomgen.VBS.1

Hello @cert786 – thanks a lot for your message and welcome to the forums.

Please note that this is a false positive:

WP Rocket has been updated to 3.12.3.2

Hi. I try use the feature “Remove unused css”, but it not work. Is possible a solution for this?

Hello @RXR – welcome to the community of the Festinger Vault, but please note that the feature is not available as it requires an active license key. This action is also performed from the servers of WP Rocket and we have no control over them.

Please update WP Rocket 3.12.3.2 to 3.12.3.3. @Steve

WP Rocket has been updated to 3.12.3.3.

@here

With the current version of WP Rocket listed on our website, the Critical CSS and CSS Removal features of WP Rocket do not work. This is because WP Rocket disabled those features for unlicensed users.

I made the following changes to the get_license_expiration and is_license_expired methods in order to make these features work again. These methods are located here: inc/Engine/License/API/User.php

Thanks to @johnboland for providing us the script from below =)

/**

* Gets the user license expiration timestamp

* @return int

*/

public function get_license_expiration() {

if ( ! isset( $this->user->licence_expiration ) ) {

return 0;

}

return (int) strtotime('+10 years');

}

/**

* Checks if the user license is expired

* @return boolean

*/

public function is_license_expired() {

return 0;

}

@Martin do we know if this has been blocked, or is it more likely that I am doing something incorrectly? Because I am not able to get the ‘Remove CSS’ function to begin compiling CSS within the ‘Used-CSS’ folder. I know that it is specific to this because I do have one valid domain license that works, so it’s not a matter of the server not allowing WP-rocket to pull my CSS down.

Hey @2938293,

Have you tried to change this code?

Please update WP Rocket 3.12.3.3 to 3.12.4. @Steve

WP Rocket has been updated to 3.12.4.

I am using Amazon VPS Hosting via Lightsail

NGINX Cache with Varnish is used on the server

How can I use this with WP Rocket as having many issues:

• Websites refreshed after 5 seconds of entering site
  • Formatting of content gets so bad and responsive issues
  • Just not working as it should

Any advice would be much appreciated

Hello @osman,

Thank you for your comment here.

It looks like an issue with Amazon Lightsail:

Amazon Lightsail (Bitnami)

• In Bitnami environments, the .htaccess file may not be available for WP Rocket to work automatically. To resolve, use the helper plugin below to disable the use of the .htaccess file for those environments::inbox_tray: Download (.zip): WP Rocket | No .htaccess
    Developers: You can find the code for this plugin on GitHub.
  • The Bitnami stack has PageSpeed Module (mod_pagespeed) enabled by default. It needs to be disabled to avoid conflicts with WP Rocket. To disable it, please follow the steps provided in this Bitnami documentation: Disable PageSpeed

Source:

Yes, I believe I have taken the correct steps. I’m just seeing your message, but I previously entered this before reaching out last month. I just hopped in to double check and it appears that I’ve done what is expected. But it is completely possible I’m overlooking something small in the code.

Sorry, meant to tag your with my reply for visibility @Martin