What happened to FAVOURITES?

Could we please still have our favourites on the main site? It is indepenedent from the forum - it’s a good way to keep posted when a new version is released. I don’t necesserily need to be informed about other people’s posts / requests. Favourites is a great feature on the main site and it doesn’t require any additional steps with the forums. I hope you can enable that again. Thanks

1 Like

Hi @north.west,

Thanks a lot for bringing this to my attention.

I have been thinking about this for a very long time and unfortunately, I was forced to replace the older favorites system with the current system, which also enables you to receive updates for the posted downloads.

For the old update notification system, we had to use 4 different plugins to make it actually work, which were drastically decreasing the website speed and usability. There was also no integration with our Festinger Vault plugin.

With our new system, when a new update is available, our AI robot will automatically replace the older version on our main website and it will push an automated reply into the topic of that specific download. So if you subscribe (click the bell icon on the topic), you will get automatically notified by email as well.

I wrote a new FAQ for this:

https://meta.festingervault.com/t/what-happened-to-favourites/10438/3

Please let me know if you have any other questions, and I hope this new workflow will be suitable for you as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

this makes sense thanks